Monday, December 8, 2008

The "Great Emergence" conference

I just returned from the "Great Emergence" conference in Memphis. It was inspiring to hear Phyllis Tickle speak four times about her book The Great Emergence. I will be spending the next few post writing about what I experienced at the conference and how my thought are being shaped days as a result.

One of the people I met at the conference was Peter Rollins. If you have not read or heard him before I urge you to check out his web site here. He presented with many other authors as part of a rapid fire, five minutes and twenty seconds each introduction to who and what they are all about. I have heard Peter before via video, and to hear him speak even faster than normal, blow everyone in the room away and then return to his seat(and take a breath) was one of the highlights of the two day event.

Tony Jones and Doug Pagitt did a fantastic job putting on this event.

No comments: