Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Day 85 A trip to my favorite place....

Today I had my third appointment with the dentist in as many weeks. The visit today was for the final gum scraping, plaque blowing cleaning I needed for the last three years or so. It took about two hours to complete and served as a reminder to floss. I always have good intentions when it comes to flossing but somehow it always gets put on the back burner. It leads me to think today, 85 days shy of my 40th birthday, why I don't take my health more seriously, especially my teeth. I know that I should floss, I know that my teeth will last longer but I do not always take the time to do this simple thing.
Today I ask God to remind me to take care of myself, to prod me into being a better steward of the body entrusted me with. With a new baby on the way it is even more important that I take care of myself. I ask the readers of this blog: how is God calling you to care for your body? How could you be a better steward of the body God has gifted you with?

No comments: